Hughes Business Insurance Explained

Unsure about what protection you need for your Business? Hughes can help you understand which cover you may need to ensure your business is fully protected.
View our wide range of business products below or talk to one of our local team who can advise on the correct level and type of insurance for your needs. Talk to us today on 02891 042042.

Retail Package
This policy is tailor-made to provide all relevant covers in a package product. This package may include:
Property Damage
Public Liability
Product Liability
Employers Liability
Business Interruption
Goods in Transit
Legal Expenses

This type of insurance is applicable for a Shop, Office, Restaurant, Take Away, Guest House, Public House and Hotel, among others.

Residential / Commercial Property Owners
Residential/Commercial Property Owners Insurance is designed for the landlord of a Residential or Commercial let property. This covers the Buildings, Landlords Business Contents, Loss of Rent, Property Owners Liability and Legal Expenses.

Public Liability
Public Liability protects the insured against any injury or damage caused to a member of the public or public property due to the negligence of the insured or their employee. This is suitable for a sole trader, for example a builder, joiner, or electrician.

Although public liability is not a legal requirement, it is highly recommended to protect against costly claims.

Employers Liability
Employers Liability is a compulsory insurance by law, for a business which has employees. This insurance is designed to protect an employer against any liabilities arising due to injury, illness or disease affecting their employees caused by the negligence of the employer during the course of their work.

Commercial Combined
Commercial Combined insurance has been designed to provide cover for more complex businesses that cannot be catered for with a package policy. Specific covers are selected and charged for separately including:

Property Damage
All Risks
Public/Products Liability
Employers Liability
Business Interruption
Goods in Transit
Personal Accident
Legal Expenses

This insurance cover has been designed for those operating in Manufacturing, Processing, Warehousing, Wholesale, and more.

Motor Fleet
Motor Fleet is suitable for businesses requiring motor insurance for 3 or more vehicles that are owned and registered in the company name or in the name of the director and used in connection with the business.

Motor Trade
Motor Trade Insurance provides cover for persons in the Motor Trade industry who are required to drive any vehicle owned by them or in their care, custody or control. Cover is available on a Road Risks only basis or a combined basis which will include Material Damage, Stock, Public and Employers Liability.

Farm / Agricultural vehicle
Farm/Agricultural Vehicle insurance has been designed for farm owners requiring cover for their private dwelling on farm land, farm buildings, personal and business contents, machinery, livestock and liabilities.

Hughes Insurance can provide cover for single farm vehicles, including tractors, in addition to an agricultural fleet policy to cater for a mix of agricultural and private vehicle needs.

Professional Indemnity
Professional Indemnity cover is applicable for anyone who provides a professional service, or is giving any form of advice for a fee who could have a claim brought against them by a client if it is felt that the service they have provided has caused them to suffer a loss.

This includes sole traders, freelancers and contractors in industries such as Accounting, Architecture, and Consulting.

Don’t forget, if you’re still unsure about the right cover for your business, Talk to us today on 02891 042042.

Back to help centre